Here are a couple of articles that give perspective on the different kinds of value we can give others:
- Something other than money – Joshua and Ryan (The Minimalists) outlines a number of things (like providing a new perspective or giving your full attention) that we don’t necessarily think of when providing value.
- Asking the recipient – this Inc article notes that at times it just comes down to the question: “How can I help?”
- Be consistent – this entry from Bob Burg‘s blog could be applied from how consistent blog posts are to how much you check-in with individuals within your circle.
Looking forward to hear something you’ve received of value, that the giver didn’t even know how much you treasured it! (To start 2015 — did you tell them how much that gesture meant to you?)
- How to Give Praise that doesn’t sound Fake – an article from Fast Company that works well alongside with the essay from the Minimalists.
- Surround Yourself with… – an entry from Grant Cardone‘s blog that also relates to one of my previous entries.