Making the wrong decision scares the heck out of me. Thing is, in order to grow (and move forward), I can’t just say yes to everything…or do nothing.
My saving grace (on some days) and reminder, came in the form of something from a review:
Some examples of the power of saying ‘No’:
- Catherine Hoke declined an offer to return as a VC — right before her ‘AHA Moment’ to start Defy Ventures.
- AJ Leon saying no to a book contract. (Quotable at the 8 minute mark: “I thought it’s just what you do”)
- “I never wanted to make the most movies, to make the most albums” – Jared Leto (Fast Company)
- 12 Things You Should Start Saying ‘No’ To Today (Business Insider)
- “I’m trying to focus on what’s right for me, rather than what I feel I should be doing.” – Sophie Radcliffe
Author’s Note: I intentionally keep entries short — elaboration and rants reserved for individual conversations (including those who reach out to me).