I like how the more I ponder on something, the more likely I’d understand it.
As I was listening to Clay Scroggins’ talk, a thought came to me. Then I found myself wondering who’d I consider a hero.
It would be someone who is:
- Able to hold back their biting comment — and wait for the right time to share it (maybe after arranging it as a ‘not so biting’ comment so the recipient wouldn’t be so defensive)
- Alert to their surroundings, so much that they are able to notice when someone is not okay — and take the time to ask.
- Taking an hour out of their day to report unhelpful comments on Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram (you’ll be surprised how much inappropriate posts there are on popular tags)
- Intentional in creating margin — so if they spot someone in need they can just stop. And not worry about being late to the next thing on their calendar.
- Mature enough to redirect their energy when it is being used wastefully (like complaining and plotting ways to ‘get even’) and find ways to lift up someone in their circle.
Did this post spark something that you’d like to talk about more? Go for it! Send me a quick note so I can learn about your bumpy (yet exciting!) adventures.
Was it was an action!?
Better do that first before sending me that note!
First time visiting? It’ll be great if you head here after reading. 🙂