You know how you expect to see something after a certain action…and then suddenly…something completely different happens?
Usually after posting each entry (both here and the WNE Q&A), I look at the tag feed. To check if the post got picked up, as soon as it has been published. What I found is some tags do not pick-up posts instantly — and even if I haven’t found a use for that bit of information…I’m sure my brain is happy to have it on standby!
Right after I posted Josh’s Q&A — I noticed something odd that came up when it showed up on the tag feed:
Comparing what you see when you look through Josh’s Q&A. The summary on the tag feed doesn’t reflect what the entry looks like:
- Picture of Josh’s ‘book buy stash‘ (Instagram)
- Teaser: “Josh shares his journey as a reader, one way he makes use of Evernote, and his approach to find homes for a number of books after he got married.”
- First few lines of the Q&A.
Instead what came up was:
- Photo for my mini-bio (which you can find at the end of the Q&A with a LOT of scrolling)
- Text from Josh’s Instagram post.
- More text from the said Instagram post!
When I saw the weird summary come up on the feeds..the following thoughts came up:
- Wow…I shouldn’t put in my picture there (maybe somehow WordPress puts it as a priority?)…and just leave my mini-bio in text format…and just link to my photo.
- Now visitors might think that that’s how each Q&A looks like! That it doesn’t make sense (I made peace with this thought). 🙂
- WordPress….WHY!? (Then I thought of a way to send my message of woe through Twitter or one of the WordPress forums. Though after awhile thinking about it…I realise I have two options: wait and check my next post or just post it anyway…just in case it is an issue WordPress isn’t aware of)
Have you experienced something similar? Please…please…oh…please let me know! 🙂